Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ship Rock ][: The Sluggening

I had to go back to Ship Rock. This morning I woke up at 4:30am and just couldn't get back to bed, so I got up before dawn and headed to the beach for my first ever Australian Sunrise.

When I got to Coogee the water was so clear, and the first thing I thought of was like in Dancing With Wolves - "It is a good day to dive."

So I called up Andrew and he was like "We're already there!" ... but their tide charts were an hour off, and I had time to make it.

There was a 2m exchange that day and it was indeed clear.

We drifted to the southern end of the reef, passing eels, lots of fish and sunny clear-ish waters.

Pineapple fish and cuttlefish hung out in an overhang together.

... with a fat Wobbegong shark!



On my way back I was just cruising, and looked up in time to avoid smashing my head into a rock. This toady little guy was right there. This is by far the best seaslug I have ever seen, here or in Fiji. My lense was fogging up, which adds a glamour-shot feel to these pics.

Can you see its butt hole?


No comments:

Post a Comment