Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Batchelor Regresso Soup

Karin is gone to Canberra for a conference, I'm home alone.

I was left with fish stix, and I made them tonight. I will probably starve tomorrow.

Admire my bacheloresque faux marble countertops. And whole milk.







I had some icecream with icey blueberries to cheer me up.

An opposum or something woke me up this morning around 5am in my bedroom. I turned on the light and it was gone.










Yep, just me and my bachelor bros. Hanging around the house.

So lame.
You can tell this ones a male because of his "palps."

I hung out at Bronte with mates for Australia Day, and as the day turned to night, the locals turned to drinking and fighting.

I swam all day, snorkeling there in the waves. Its so fun to ride the swell. I learned that you have to ratchet to get in and out without loosing all your energy.













In the kitchen cooking chicken kebabs, I smelled the coriander. It instantly brought back memories of bailing hay in the hot Indiana summer. For an instant, I was looking down at my cut arms and smelling the humidity and Gary's old truck. It choked me up. I've been away too long. Then I realised that the coriander was probably bad, as it smelled of hay.


2 comments:

  1. We were talking about Australia last night and decided that everything there was designed basically to kill you. Have you found that to be the case?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see, so you are the culprit behind keeping greg all to your lonesome! I've "chilaxed" about the killer everythings at this point. See the post about newness SP where I saw the most venomous snake AU has to offer. I was sitting 8' from it, then it slithered by me walking back to the bike. I was too stunned to get a picture fast enough.

    ReplyDelete