Sunday, May 16, 2010

Around Downtown Sydney

This is the view from my office. Getting warmed up to look like a big dork with my big camera outside.


The old sandstone and granite buildings here are simply amazing. So much detail!

I strolled down to the Royal Botanical Gardens on lunch and snapped some wildlife action shots.

Some bats are shy, and some are rather free.

Heaps of great big architecture around here. The buildings on the left and right were designed using our software (Strand7).

This is the Mitchel library I was talking about.


The building I work in is at right (below). We're on the 5th floor. I have no idea how to pick it out in the photo, but I think it's the level just below the closest street light, because the first floor is called "G" here, instead of 1. Call it base zed if you like.

Here's another bike you can't get in the US. I really like it. Honda CB 400. Look, it has ABS! We need more sensible bikes like this one. I just read it has VTEC too. Pretty sweet.

The partially fared version via Wikipedia:

Here's a building downtown with duct tape holding the cladding together.

We had some fun dinner guests over tonight. Karin made us all pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment