Sunday, June 24, 2012

Motorcycles in Australia

Motorcycles around Sydney - ones you might not find in the US, and other oddities.
  

 I love this one.  It's a 400cc Honda with ABS and a really nice seat.  The red white and blue version is especially nice.

There is more demand than parking downtown, which makes this alternative transport frustrating at times.  I've paid about $300 in tickets in 3 years parking down there.


 This guy rides around the CBD sharpening knives from his motorcycle.
 He said he'd been doing it forever, I remember maybe 25 years or something.
 Royal National Park is a place where many young motorcyclists go to die.  I found this Aprilia in the bushes just off the road at Flat Rock Creek.  They left the fairings and a decent set of forks behind.

 This one is rare.  I know a guy who has two of them.  Suzuki Gamma, an 80's 500cc 2-stroke parallel twin.
 Cupcake delivery for Karin.

 And Deus Ex Machina - a great alternative shop in Sydney with excellent food also.  For being such a chique place their shop is very good and competitively priced. *Nope, was about 2x the price of other shops.

 They make some very cool bikes.



 A huge Suzuki I bet you can't get in the US.
 But maybe you can, I don't know.  I like it.  But I like the 400cc Honda much more.


No comments:

Post a Comment