Tuesday, September 15, 2009

406 Update


I'm back, and the 406 house still has some work to be done. The renters are being a problem. But here are a few pics I snapped before I left, and hour after signing tenants in about a month ago now.

The old fridge failed with food in it. And what a joy! A milk carton actually was still holding milk. After 6 years. Zack's mom is fearless dude. I had to wear my OSHA-spec respirator to deal.


Here's the refinished banister, which looks better in person.


Our new furnace (thanks George and Chris!) which we patched into the old ducting system.
Also new water heater and fixed washing machine. Anthony found the front cover for it under about 3" of detritus in the back yard. I forgot I put it back there the first time I fixed the washer in 2004.


I had to improvise a new knob for the shower switch and decided to tap the worn brass shaft to accept an antique doorknob. Replacement hardware was about $50 / faucet, just for the internals, so I rigged a press-fit pin system for holding on the new knobs. Works great and it's even un-doable.



A racoon was chewing and digging out the roof under the awning so I put a cinder block in thar.


Oh sweet Bloomington summer how I wish I had enjoyed you more. Midnight trash-man. Lake swill. Friends and neighbors. 10am starts?

No comments:

Post a Comment