Saturday, September 17, 2011

Australian Resume Format

When I came here I didn't realise that the style of resumes here is quite different to the US style. IN short, the US style is brief (nicely recursive eh?) whereas the Australian resume leaves little to the imagination. Here is my resume before and after australianisation.



Just click the image to zoom in, then right-click and open image in a new tab.

I think the major difference is that the Australian resume describes the responsibilities whereas the US resume lists them.  I'm not an HR person, just an Engineer here in Sydney.  I don't honestly know how well this resume comparison will suite your needs, as my job search here was quite difficult, even though my resume is quite strong.  It is a smaller job market than in the US, and turnover seems to be lower, meaning that there are fewer jobs on the market in a given month.

1 comment: